Sunday 18 October 2009

Nick Kemp on "What is NLP?"

NLP or Neuro Linguistic Programming can be described in the following way
Neuro:The way our brains and nervous system work.
Linguistic: The way we communicate, both to others (verbally and non-verbally) and ourselves (out loud and inside our heads).
Programming: A methodical and systematic way of coding our skills and knowledge, and replicating the skills of others.

By being able to communicate to our brains and nervous system in a methodical way, we can replicate the skills of others, and improve the behaviours we already produce in this world.
NLP is based on the proposition that all behaviour has a structure and that the structure can be modelled, learned and changed. NLP is, therefore, the study of patterns in behaviour and what can be calculated from them or as a colleague once said "It's about how you do, what you do."

Nick Kemp's involvement in NLP
I first trained in NLP in the 1990s with Richard Bandler the co creator of NLP. I used many of my NLP insights in corporate work with clients which I offer through Nick Kemp Training (www.nickkemptraining.com) In 2000 I also first started to use my insights from studying the art of language to create the Human Alchemy series of CDs, which are now available on all Amazon sites as well as my own products store online.
In 2004 I began running certificated NLP training courses for the public and in 2005 I set up www.nlpmp3.com as a free online resource for those interested in NLP. On this site I interviewed who I consider to be the very best trainers in NLP, including Richard Bandler, Doug O Brien, Steve Andreas and John LaValle among others. I also made sure that these trainer interviews are from different schools of NLP so that the public are able to hear a genuine variety of viewpoints from an independent perspective.

After writing many articles on NLP, in 2006 I was asked by the BBC to appear weekly on the radio to discuss the use of NLP in curing phobias. This resulted in 26 consecutive weeks of successfully working with numerous phobics and this work inspired me to create my own "Provocative Change Works" approach which was demonstrated in my "Provocative Change Works for Phobias" DVD set. In 2007 I was invited and accepted the position of being on the accreditation and advisory Board of ANLP.

See more at www.nickkemp.com

No comments: