Saturday 19 July 2008

Compulsive NLPers?

Today was spent updating site copy and I work across a number of different laptops and other pcs that are in my home studio. For an experiment I kept one of the machines constantly online as an experiment to see how many hours some NLPers would spend posting on newsgroups.

To my amazement some folks literally spent 10+ hours writing and posting. In recent years I have noticed that there is an almost obsessive trend with such activity and also with what I term "seminar junkies" who are those who spend every waking moment (when not online) attending workshops!
Some may call such behaviour "compulsive!"

NLP, Hypnosis and other approaches can be really excellent in developing insights, BUT in my opinion when this is virtually all people concern themselves with, then its not especially healthy. Such individuals IMO also often become way too serious failing to realise that there are other things to do in life!

LOL

Just a weekend thought...

No comments: