Sunday 3 August 2008

NLP and Hypnosis products - recording and listening

Recording audio and video is a real test of "state control" especially if its for projects that will later be released into the public domain. When I first released "The Adventures of Well Being Now" back in 2001, I spent literally hours making sure that the sound and the performance were as good as they could be. Of course now when I listen back (which I rarely do one something is recorded) I can always hear what could have been improved as technology and my own skills have both improved!

State Control in recording
I learned huge amounts from writing and recording products (these can be purchased online at http://www.human-alchemy.com/) especially in learning about the structure and delivery of language. The best performance states require a combination of relaxation and concentration and taking care to ensure that the internal dialogue is appropriately sorted!

Great, good and not so good NLP Products...
Back in 2001 I scooped up a many NLP nd Hypnosis products that I could find and was astounded by how many of them were not well recorded. In 2006 I ran a workshop on creating an audio product wich included writing and recording. This was a fascinating insight into this creative process and one of my favourite events. Over the 5 days students began to see extraordinary improvements in their delivery and were also suitably surprised at how technology provides many options in mastering.

During the event I played the students a number of well known CDs which had been released by NLP trainers and we analysed to explore the production and content on each one. Many were amazed that some of the editing was really dreadful and in one instance a CD on the power of language did not display the best tonality from the author...

Video products also vary massively in quality and delivery. In many instances the cameras were not mounted correctly and the whole video lurches from side to side. Another mistake is to take an audio feed from the camera rather than from a mixing desk, which makes for a dreadful listening experience. Poor attention to lighting also ca be a problem and can't help but wonder that if NLP is about modelling then a lot of these basic elements have not been considered!

Fortunately there are some excellent products in the marketplace and here are those that I recommend

Doug O Brien "How Deep The Rabbit Hole?"
Dave Dobson Funshop 2006 CD set
Richard Bandler Magical Structures CDs
Frank Farrelly A Provocative Approach DVD set
Bandler/LaValle Hypnosis in Munich
Provocative Change Works DVD set by Nick Kemp (myself) with Frank Farrelly

No comments: