Saturday 9 August 2008

NLP and Provocative Therapy in San Francisco Sept 2008



I'm getting ready to travel and then to present at the IASH Conference in the USA. Here is the information for the two presentations




IASH Conference Sept 2008 San Francisco
Provocative Therapy and NLP by Nick Kemp

Length of Presentation: 90 minDate of Presentation: 7th Sept 2008Presentation Times: 9:15-10:45

This presentation consists of demonstrations and discussion relating to Provocative Therapy as created by Frank Farrelly. During the presentation the delegates will experience how to use the PT toolkit when dealing with clients. This will include explanations and examples of using the "blame list" in a PT context and how to produce change in client behaviour in a provocative conversational context.
The session will also explore the "What's wrong with that?" and "Insane solutions" strategies for dealing with client problems in the context of "Provocative Therapy modules" or interviews. I will also be explaining PT from an NLP perspective in respect of pattern interrupts, generating rapport, using metaphors, timeline work and other elements.
I will give examples of how I have used PT when working with a range of client conditions and commenting on what has proved most successful to date. I have had the opportunity to work with Frank Farrelly and Richard Bandler and have interviewed both of them for my http://www.nlpmp3.com site and will also discuss each's take on PT and NLP.


Provocative Change Works™ by Nick Kemp
Length of Presentation: 90 minDate of Presentation: 5th Sept 2008Presentation Times: 11:00-12:30

This presentation consists of demonstrations and discussion of the "Provocative Change Works" approach that I teach in seminars and use in private practice. This approach was inspired by my NLP studies with Richard Bandler, study of hypnosis and my studies with Frank Farrelly, creator of Provocative Therapy.

I will include a series of exercises including the "Internal Voice Tempo Exercise" that was published in Steve Andreas's newsletter and which I have used to great effect with clients who have anxiety issues and phobias.
Many of the Provocative Change Works approaches were shown on my recent "Provocative Change Works for Phobias" DVD set which also had narration by Frank Farrelly himself. As suggested in this context I was primarily working with longstanding phobics, but the same approach works well with many other conditions and especially anger, OCD and jealousy issues. In 2006 I was asked to appear on BBC Radio in the UK to work with different phobics on a weekly basis to then appear live on the air with the clients to feedback the results. In this environment time constraints meant that I had to work very quickly and during this 26 week period I developed many of the exercises and approaches that proved most successful in this arena.
The presentation will be mostly interactive and I intend to explore at least two of the Farrelly exercises which give an excellent insight into the Provocative aspect of my work which when specifically used in conjunction with NLP and hypnosis have consistently produced excellent results with my clients.

No comments: